Two ways of shipping by air
For air shipping from China to the UK, there are two shipping ways. One is shipping by the airline company like BA/CA/CZ/TK, and another is shipping by express like UPS/DHL/FedEx.
Normally when your cargo is a small parcel (less than 200kgs), we would like to suggest our customers ship by express.
For example, if you need to ship 10kg from China to the UK, it is expensive to book separate air shipping space directly with the airline company. Normally we will ship the 10kg for our customers via our DHL or FedEx account. Because we have larger quantity, DHL or FedEx give a better price to our company.
By air with airline company is for larger shipments.
When your cargo is more than 200kgs, it will be very expensive if you ship with DHL or FedEx. I would suggest booking space with the airline company directly. Shipping by airline will be cheaper than by express. And one more advantage of shipping by airline is that there are relatively few restrictions on the size and weight of the package compared with by express.
How we handle shipping by air with airline company
1. Booking space: After confirming the cargo information and cargo ready date, we will book air shipping space with the airline company in advance.
2. Cargo entry: We will get the products to our Chinese airport warehouse and wait for the airplane we booked.
3. Chinese customs clearance: We coordinate with your Chinese factory to make Chinese customs clearance and coordinate with Chinese customs officer if there is customs inspection.
4. Airplane departure: After we got Chinese customs release, the airport will coordinate with the airline company to get the cargo onto the airplane and ship it from China to UK.
5. UK customs clearance: After the airplane departs, DAKA with coordinate our UK team to prepare for UK customs clearance.
6. UK inland delivery to door: After the airplane arrives, DAKA’s UK team will pick up the cargo from the airport and deliver to the consignee’s door as per instruction from our customers.
1. Booking space
2. Cargo entry
3. Chinese customs clearance
4. Airplane departure
5. UK customs clearance
6. UK inland delivery to door
AIR shipping time and cost
How long is for the transit time for air shipping from China to UK?
And how much is the price for air shipping from China to UK?
The transit time will depend on which address in UK and which address in UK.
The price is related how many products you need to ship.
To answer the above two question clearly, we need below information:
1. What is your Chinese factory address ? (if you don’t have a detailed address, a rough city name is ok).
2. What is your UK address with UK post code?
3. What are the products ? (As we need to check if we can ship these products . Some products may contain dangerous items which can be not shipped.)
4. Packaging information : How many packages and what is the total weight(kilograms) and volume(cubic meter) ?
Would you like to leave a message so that we can quote air shipping cost from China to UK for your kind reference ?
Few tips for air shipping
1. When we ship by air, we charge on actual weight and volume weight whichever is larger.
1CBM is equal to 200kgs.
A.If your cargo is 50kgs and the volume is 0.1CBM , the volume weight is 0.1CBM*200KGS/CBM=20kgs. The chargeable weight is according to the actual weight which is 50kgs.
B.If your cargo is 50kgs and the volume is 0.3CBM, the volume weight is 0.3CBM*200KGS/CBM=60KGS . The chargeable weight is according to volume weight which is 60kgs.
It is just like when you travel by air with a suitcase, the airport staff will not only calculate the weight of your luggage but also they will check the size. So when you ship by air, it is better to pack your products as closely as possible. For example, if you want to ship clothes from China to UK by air, I suggest you let your factory pack the clothes very closely and press the air out when they pack. In this way we can save air shipping cost.
2. I suggest you to buy insurance if the cargo value is very high.
The airline company always will load the cargo tightly in the airplane. But it is unavoidable to meet the airflow at a high altitude. So we also will advise our client to insure the high-valued cargo, like electrical chips, semiconductors and jewelry.
Repack the products more closely in our warehouse to make the volume smaller to save shipping cost.